Kickapoo Tribal Health Center programs aid in our mission of overall health, extending our reach of care through a wide range of activities for all ages.
- Matapita Recovery Sweat Lodge for sobriety.
- Methamphetamine Suicide Prevention Initiative (MSPI) Provides Suicide Prevention and Treatment of any age.
- Native Connections providing suicide and substance abuse prevention services (age focus 12-24).
- State-Youth Treatment Implementations (SYTI) provides substance and co-occurring treatment, recovery, and prevention (age focus 12-5).
- Strategic Planning Framework Grant, prevent the onset & reduce the progression of substance abuse for ages 9-20.
- Talking Circles are helpful for those seeking support and encouragement from people who understand what it’s like to be in similar circumstances. The concept is for people to share, learn, and encourage each other as they journey through life’s highs and lows. Currently, we have a couple of onsite Talking Circles, Christine McKinney, KTHC Case Manager, with Survivors of Homicide, and Susan Stacy, KTHC Behavior Health Mental Health Prevention Aide, for Caregivers Raising their Grandchildren. More information at the bottom of this page.
- Tribal Opiate Response (TOR) provides prevention services to reduce underage drinking (age focus 9-20).
New In 2020! Diabetes Refresher Courses! We now have areas you can focus on to help you better manage your diabetes. These courses will be taught by our Health Promotion and Disease Prevention staff, as well as other Kickapoo Tribal Health Center professionals, click here to read more…
See your doctor for recommendations of programs that are right for you.