Kickapoo Tribal Health Center programs aid in our mission of overall health, extending our reach of care through a wide range of activities for all ages.
- Matapita Recovery Sweat Lodge for sobriety.
- Methamphetamine Suicide Prevention Initiative (MSPI) Provides Suicide Prevention and Treatment of any age.
- Native Connections providing suicide and substance abuse prevention services (age focus 12-24).
- State-Youth Treatment Implementations (SYTI) provides substance and co-occurring treatment, recovery, and prevention (age focus 12-25).
- Strategic Planning Framework Grant, seeks to forge a comprehensive, integrated, and trauma-informed substance abuse prevention system to reduce underage drinking, strengthen prevention capacity, and provide services to non-reservation, rural, and under-served American Indian youth, aged 9-20 who reside within the area of central Oklahoma served by the Kickapoo Tribe.
- Talking Circles are helpful for those seeking support and encouragement from people who understand what it’s like to be in similar circumstances. The concept is for people to share, learn, and encourage each other as they journey through life’s highs and lows. Currently, we have a couple of onsite Talking Circles, Christine McKinney, KTHC Case Manager, with Survivors of Homicide, and Susan Stacy, KTHC Behavior Health Mental Health Prevention Aide, for Caregivers Raising their Grandchildren. More information at the bottom of this page.
- Tribal Opiate Response (TOR) seeks to expand and enhance the continuum of care for substance abuse services, blended appropriately with current approaches, reduce the prevalence of opioids and their negative impact on health, as well as increase abstinence with the area served by the Kickapoo Tribe.
New In 2020!
For National Nutrition Month we are in the kitchen with Cynthia Seger, Diabetes Director, preparing “Breakfast Bowls”, click here to watch!
- Hardcore from Home Video Series. Can’t make it to the gym or get away from your desk? Our Hardcore from home video series may help you! Check out our Facebook Hardcore from Home Playlist or subscribe to our Youtube Channel here to tune in!
- Diabetes Refresher Courses! We now have areas you can focus on to help you better manage your diabetes. These courses will be taught by our Health Promotion and Disease Prevention staff, as well as other Kickapoo Tribal Health Center professionals, click here to read more…
See your doctor for recommendations of programs that are right for you.