We provide the following services and are always trying to update our programs and offer new material, so stop by and sign up for a class or ask about our events. In order to receive diabetes related services, you must be a patient at KTHC. We look forward to seeing you this year!
Diabetes Education Classes
P.R.I.D.E. (Preventing & Reducing Illness through Diabetes Education) Program
A diabetes self-management education program for those who are newly diagnosed with diabetes, as well as those with existing diabetes who have never had diabetes education before. Our program is certified by the American Diabetes Association as one of there Education Recognition Programs that must meet national standards for diabetes self-management education and support.
- Group Session 1-4 are every Wednesday at 9:00AM in the months of January, May, & September.
- Session 5 is an individual follow-up with the diabetes educator 3-6 months after completion of session 4.
Click here for a brochure with description of classes!
Diabetes Refresher Courses NEW!
Offered to all other people with diabetes who have completed P.R.I.D.E. or similar classes at another facility. Many different topics to choose from will be covered.
- Classes are scheduled on the 4th Thursday in the months of March, April, July & August at 5:30 p.m.
Click here for a flyer with a detailed list of topics, dates, & times!
- Therapeutic shoes (Orthofeet) are given to our patients with diabetes who attend 1 on 1 education or group class and complete at least 2 out 3 exams (eye, foot, or dental).
- Custom diabetic shoes and inserts can be provided to our patients with diabetes with a referral from our podiatrist.
Call to see if you qualify!
Foot Care Clinic
The RN helps with toenail trims/thinning of thick nails and callus removal (light sanding/filing) for elders, people with diabetes, and those with health issues who may need help keeping toenails trimmed and feet healthy.
- Scheduled on the 2nd Monday & 4th Friday of the month from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
We are here to give you the tools to make healthy decisions. Stop by or call to schedule an individual appointment if you wish to:
- Discuss individual nutrition needs with our registered dietitian for any type of dietary need, i.e., diabetes, weight loss, low sodium, etc.
- Discuss individual fitness needs with our fitness specialist if you are considering a workout routine, activity for fun, or simply becoming a healthier you.
- Receive more guidance on diabetes self-management with our diabetes care and education specialist.
We also host different events throughout the year such as:
- Kamp Kickapoo
- Annual H.A.W.K. Walk
- Diabetes Awareness Month activities in November
- Moccasin Mile
Events, classes, and activities we offer change throughout the year.
We have a variety of credentialed staff on board:
- Registered Dietitian/Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialist
- Registered Nurse/Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialist/Certified Foot Care Specialist
- Certified Personal Trainer