Watch our video created just for kids to help teach ways families can live healthily through culture, food, and physical fitness!
We provide the following services and are always trying to update our programs and offer new material, so stop by and sign up for a class or ask about our events. We look forward to seeing you this year!
Diabetes Education Classes
P.R.I.D.E. (Preventing & Reducing Illness through Diabetes Education) Program
A diabetes self-management education program for newly diagnosed patients and patients who have never had diabetes education before.
- Session 1—is now offered quarterly on the 1st Tuesday of the months of February, May, August, & November.
- Sessions 2 & 3 & 4—are one-on-one appointments to be scheduled at your convenience.
Diabetes Refresher Courses NEW!
Offered to all other diabetes patients who have completed P.R.I.D.E. class or classes at another facility. Many different topics to choose from will be covered.
- Classes are scheduled on the 4th Monday of the months of Jan., March, April, Sept., & October at 7:30 a.m. & 5:30 p.m.
- Diabetic alternative shoes (Orthofeet) are given to our diabetic patients who complete diabetes education.
- Custom diabetic shoes and inserts can be provided for our diabetic patients upon a referral from our podiatrist.
Shoes are now available yearly! Call to see if you qualify!
Foot Care Clinic
The RN helps with toenail trims/thinning of thick nails and callus removal (light sanding/filing) for elders and those with health issues who may need help keeping toenails trimmed and feet healthy.
- Scheduled on the 2nd Monday & 4th Friday of the month from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
We are here to help you become healthier. Stop by or call to schedule an individual appointment if you wish to:
- Discuss individual nutrition needs with our registered dietician for any type of dietary need, i.e.-diabetes, weight loss, low sodium, etc.
- Discuss individual fitness needs with our fitness specialist if you are considering a workout routine, activity for fun, or simply becoming a healthier you.
- Answer specific questions about your diabetes self-management with our certified diabetes educators.
- We also supply blood sugar testing supplies!
Come learn about factors that contribute to high blood pressure, how to lower your blood pressure, how to use an at home blood pressure monitor, and cooking tips for the DASH diet.
Classes are now held twice a year! Next available classes:
- Thursday, 2/20 from 1:30—4:30 p.m.
- Thursday, 11/19 from 1:30—4:30 p.m.
Ask about upcoming events we host!
- National Heart Month activities in February
- National Nutrition Month activities in March
- Spring Break Kamp Kickapoo Day for children 8-12
- Elder Olympics & Horseshoe Tournament in May
- N.Y.P.D. (Native Youth Preventing Diabetes) Camp in June for children 8-12
- Summer Kamp Kickapoo for children 8-12 years old
- Annual Health Fair in the Fall
- Annual H.A.W.K. Walk
- Diabetes Awareness Month activities in November
- Essential Eating for Elders (cooking demos quarterly at Elder Nutrition Center)
Information including times & dates for upcoming events will be posted around the clinic as well as our website!
We have a registered nurse, dietitian/certified diabetes educator, and fitness specialist on staff. One of our very own KTHC pharmacists also teaches some of the diabetes group classes.